Strathaven Golf Club (SGC) is a private member’s club, founded in 1908. Located in South Lanarkshire, 20 miles from Glasgow City Centre, the Club is proud to have hosted numerous Professional and International Amateur Events in it’s 115 year history. The Club most recently hosted the 2021 Scottish Girls’ Amateur Championship. The John R Stutt Ltd designed 18-hole course and it’s magnificent Clubhouse, rebuilt in 1998, enables the Club to offer it’s 800+ Playing Members, 80+ Junior Members and 270+ Social Members a truly memorable golf experience.
SGC has experienced a period of significant change with a number of sizable projects recently completed. These include: selling unused land to a housing developer, erecting a new greenkeeper’s shed, transforming an old bothy into a state of the art golf studio, re-surfacing the club’s car park, completing the construction of two new hole award winning holes and changing the club’s legal status from an unincorporated association to a limited company by guarantee.
SGC is looking to appoint an experienced General Manager who possesses demonstrable financial acumen, people management experience, as well as the relevant skills and enthusiasm to manage the Club. We require an entrepreneurial/commercial approach to develop the opportunities that our course, location and Clubhouse provide, for the benefit of the Membership. The successful applicant must also have the IT skills and ability to fully leverage our IntelligentGolf System software.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- High financial literacy and excellent IT system skills.
- Leadership and the ability to manage a team with differing functions.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of growing revenue streams whilst controlling costs.
- Appreciation of golf and expectations/traditions of a Member’s Club.
- Exemplary leadership and interpersonal skills, with a focus on a diplomatic style of communication and ability to relate to people of all backgrounds.
- A flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the position, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Inspiring a culture of service excellence and delivering a great customer experience for members and visitors alike.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law, health and safety law and other regulations, applicable to club management and small companies.
A competitive salary plus benefits package commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer. There is no Club accommodation available with this role.
To apply, candidates should send an up-to-date CV, together with a covering letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience. Please contact, Norrie Davidson – email@example.com